Resilience Roundtables 2019
Enhancing Resilience Through Knowledge
The term “resilience” has a number of definitions. At its core is the ability of an entity to limit the impact of an emergency and return to normal quickly. In the context of a rapidly evolving emergency environment, where major disasters are becoming larger, more frequent and ever more complex, it is vital that organizations and communities improve their resilience or risk being overwhelmed by a disaster.
Building on the success of the last three Resilience conferences, Resilience 2019 takes on a new format and is taking the learning to more cities across the country. This year’s event will be held in a roundtable format in Ottawa, Vancouver, Regina, and Halifax.
In an intimate setting, the Conference Board’s Resilience roundtables will bring together cutting-edge insights that will enable organizations and communities to enhance their resilience to a range of potential emergencies. From insurance and improved risk assessment to leadership, there are a range of approaches that can be taken to enhance resilience.
Why Should You Attend?
Sharing solutions that work and pitfalls to be avoided.
Attend one of the four Resilience 2019 Roundtable so you can:
- Explore how a range of organizations are enabling resilience in different contexts
- Identify lessons that can improve your resilience in future emergencies
- Learn from case studies that draw from regional perspectives
- Gain an understanding of how you can build resilience through the Regional Resilience Assessment Program (RRAP)
- Discuss how resilience can be enhanced through insurance
- Learn about best practices and strategies to get the most from your investment in exercises while directly contributing to building resilience in your organization
- Explore a framework for leadership, and best and next practices, that will define the future of leadership in emergence management
Who Should Attend?
Resilience 2019 will bring together experts from across Canada in the areas of disaster management, emergency response and planning, urban management and planning, business continuity and resilience.
Resilience 2019 roundtables are for you if you are:
- accountable for crisis and emergency management and/or business continuity
- responsible for protecting critical infrastructure
- involved in developing standards, policies, or procedures relevant to emergency management
- work to establish coordinated response management with other organizations
There will be a maximum of 30 people at each session which will provide you with unique learning opportunities in an intimate and confidential setting. The agendas are designed for discussion and dialogue around these important issues, with both the speakers and your peers, enhancing the interaction and opportunity for questions and learning.
Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, we are able to offer attendance at one roundtable for $495/person. Space is limited so be sure to register today.
Where and When?
January 30, 2019
The Conference Board of Canada
February 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC Hydro
April 3, 2019
University of Regina
April 9, 2019
We’d like to thank our sponsors for their contribution to Resilience 2019. These events would not be possible without their support.