Advisory Services and Research
Customized and Specialized Research
The Conference Board of Canada offers a wide range of research services with access to in-depth studies and independent reports on relevant topics. The scope of this work varies depending on the issues and and ranges from small, short-term research projects to large-scale research investigations conducted over several months. The Conference Board uses its research expertise to conduct special studies on specific issues to assist leaders and can be for exclusive use, or disseminated to a wide audience, according to the needs of the clients and funders.
The Governance, Compliance and Risk team provides independent research and analysis on a wide range of emerging trends and governance issues. From board evaluations to risk management assessments, we offer a practical and solutions-oriented approach to help boards and senior executives understand key issues and identify solutions.
We can work with you to develop specific strategies and solutions. Whether you need to know more about the latest trends, benchmark your company's practices against those of leaders in your field, or collaboratively identify opportunities to help your organization reach its potential, we can help. We will work with you to help you generate the insights and to employ the tools and strategies needed to meet the challenges and sustain your performance.
- Interested in discussing a potential custom project? Please contact Michael Bassett to learn more.
Advisory and Custom Research Services
Working with your team and our experts, the Governance, Compliance and Risk team can deliver custom analysis to meet your needs across targeted business area, industry or region. By providing insight and analysis, we strive to help organizations better understand best practices in governance.
Our areas of expertise for advisory services include:
- Benchmarking reports
- Board development sessions
- Board evaluations
- Evaluation of public disclosure
- Evaluation of ethics and integrity processes, policies and procedures
- ERM custom evaluations
- Interested in learning more about how we could help you and your organization? We invite you to discuss your unique requirements with us. Contact Michael Bassett for more information on our advisory services.
Through our executive networks line of business, we are also able to conduct custom research for the exclusive and confidential benefit of the members of these councils. For example, The Strategic Risk Council (SRC) performs member-driven and specific benchmarking surveys which allow members to analyse the raw data in order to make effective decisions regarding their unique challenges.
Members of our executive networks are very proactive in the GCR community. The SRC offers customized ERM professional development training upon request to its members. This program, offered on-site at your convenience, is uniquely designed for your organization and may include workshops, case study analysis, and expert presentations on challenges faced by your organization in ERM.
- Interested in learning more about the SRC? Please contact Susan Côté-Freeman to learn more.
Governance Research Subscription
The Conference Board of Canada offers a subscription to the full catalog of our research and discussion in the governance topic area. This subscription provides your organization with access to the full suite of governance reports, conference e-proceedings and recorded webinars relating to governance available through our electronic library (e-library).
A subscription to the e-library Governance Series gives your organization:
- Access to effective tools and resources in performance measurement and director evaluation
- Comprehensive data, linking board functioning and responsibilities to corporate success, and exploring why and how to champion good governance.
- A better understanding of how roles and responsibilities are allocated among directors, Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), and shareholders in modern corporations.
- Current information on enhancements and new practices in this rapidly changing field.
Risk Management Subscription Service
The Conference Board of Canada offers a subscription to the full catalog of our research and discussion in the risk management area. This subscription provides your organization with access to the full suite of risk management reports, conference e-proceedings and recorded webinars relating available through our electronic library (e-library).
A subscription to the Enterprise Management Risk Services gives your organization:
- Better understanding of the context of your decisions and management strategies relating to risk management.
- Increased exposure to current management trends that are widening the scope of risk management beyond insurance and toward enterprise risk management
- Informed responses to the potential risks your organization faces