The aim of the Canadian Alliance for Sustainable Health Care (CASHC) is to provide Canadian business leaders and policy-makers with insightful, forward-looking, quantitative analysis of the sustainability of the Canadian health care system and all of its facets.
CASHC facilitates open dialogue regarding this research and its implications, with a view to improve the Canadian health system as a whole, as well as health care practices within firms and organizations. The work of CASHC helps Canadians to better understand the conditions under which Canada’s health care system can be made sustainable—financially and otherwise.
CASHC contributes to:
- a common vision of sustainable health care among key stakeholders, and helps identify policies, strategies, and practices that contribute to the ongoing transformation of the health care system;
- the engagement of leaders in a neutral, inclusive forum where stakeholders can discuss the research findings and their implications, and develop areas of consensus for reform and action;
- an informed dialogue on Canada’s health and health care systems by providing independent, clearly communicated, evidence-based research;
- enhanced Canadian living standards by providing a sound basis for business and government decisions that improve health and economic outcomes; and
- solutions for improving Canada’s future health and health care systems rooted in CASHC’s original research findings combined with other emerging analyses.
CASHC’s ultimate goal is to contribute to a system that is more efficient, effective, equitable, and sustainable.
The Conference Board of Canada Advantage
The Conference Board of Canada is uniquely positioned to support CASHC with the skills and expertise required to undertake quantitative and related analysis of Canadian health and the health care system, and to facilitate dialogue among the investors in CASHC. The Conference Board draws upon its established capacity in quantitative economic and fiscal analysis in the health field to provide evidence-based insights into the sustainability of the health care system. CASHC further draws upon established Conference Board expertise in health policy, governance, and organizational effectiveness—as well as the Board’s ability to engage leaders, from different sectors, in dialogue on implications and policy options.