The Canadian Immigration Summit is where stakeholders from across the country convene to discuss innovative, practical, and actionable solutions to strengthen Canada’s immigration system.
The Summit offers you ample opportunities to network with hundreds of leading representatives from government, business, immigration law and consulting, education, non-profits, and immigrant-serving organizations.
The 2018 Summit is focusing on two major, related themes:
- Growing Canada’s economy
- Strengthening Canada’s settlement program
Due to its aging population and low birth rate, Canada is increasingly relying upon immigrants to spur economic growth. But a key question is: How can Canada better harness the skills of its newcomers to enhance immigration’s economic benefits? The answer largely depends on maintaining a strong settlement program that equips newcomers with the tools that they need to thrive in Canada’s economy and society.
Issues to be tackled at the Summit include:
- Federal growth agenda: What steps can Ottawa take to spur innovation, entrepreneurship, investments, international trade, and inclusive growth through immigration?
- Business community: How can we strengthen their role in the immigration system?
- Meeting Canada’s labour market needs: How can we better ensure the regionalization of immigration and that newcomers address labour market needs in key sectors?
- Provincial Nominee Program at 20: Where do we go from here?
- Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program at 40: What lessons have we learned?
- Settlement program: How can we improve service delivery, including language training, foreign qualification recognition, stakeholder collaboration, supports for temporary residents, funding models, and measuring outcomes?
- Geopolitics: How are global events impacting Canada and how is Canada impacting the world?
Top 5 Reasons You Should Attend
- Network with potential partners and collaborators.
- Learn from leading international and Canadian experts about domestic and global immigration issues, best practices, and innovative solutions.
- Gain unique insights from the latest immigration research and programs.
- Access new tools and techniques that will allow you to help empower immigrants and better leverage their skills, talents, and connections.
- Shape recommendations to help guide the future immigration system.
Feedback from our 2017 Summit
“It was a stretch of topics, current issues, expertise and various dimensions of immigration; well done!”
—Emishaw Yimenu, COSTI Immigrant Services
“Overall, very nice job! Thank you.”
—Jon Green, Henley & Partners
“Congratulations for a job well done. The Summit was informative and very well managed. I will attend the next one.”
—Alain Nadon, Leduc International
“The Canadian Immigration Summit 2017 was one of the best as far as I can remember!”
—Effat Ghassemi, Newcomer Centre of Peel
“Thank you to The Conference Board of Canada for an outstanding two days.”
—Janet Moser, Fredericton Chamber of Commerce
“Excellent mixture of top level speakers, networking, range of workshops, and a first class venue.”
—Patrick Duce, Homeless Link, United Kingdom
“Great Summit, great organization, congratulations!”
—Adriana Jary, Jewish Family Services Ottawa
“Well organized event and very interesting, high quality and informative presentations.”
—Debroy Chan, Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council
We’d like to thank our generous sponsors for contributing to this event.
The details of this event are subject to change. Please revisit this page periodically for updated information.